How to activate fingerprint unlock for WhatsApp on Android
Before you begin, you should ensure two things. Firstly, you should update your WhatsApp app to the latest version from the Google Play Store. Secondly, your phone should have registered fingerprints for unlocking via the fingerprint sensor.
1. Open WhatsApp > tap the vertical three dots icon on the top-right and go to Settings.
2. Go to Account > Privacy > Fingerprint Lock.
3. On the next screen, turn on Unlock with Fingerprint.
4. Additionally, you can also set the duration after which you’ll have to use your fingerprint to unlock WhatsApp. It can be set to Immediately, After a minute or After 30 minutes.
5. Further, you can also choose if you want to show the message content and sender in the notifications or not.
Switch on the toggle ‘Unlock with Fingerprint’ and the phone might ask you to input your fingerprint once. After doing that, your WhatsApp is now protected with the fingerprint sensor.
You can even choose whether you want the app to show the message content in the notifications.
After this, every time you open WhatsApp, you will have to touch the fingerprint sensor on your phone to authenticate and open it. The feature will work on both capacitive fingerprint sensors and in-display fingerprint sensor.